Friday, January 13, 2017

Incapable by Marie Skye

Rating: 4 out of 5
Rated: XXX (it's for the mature crowd)
Recommend: Yes
Book one of a series
Will I read the next ones? SURE

Amazon synopsis and you can purchase here:

"Emmalin Gone. Everything I ever had is gone. Ripped away, taken before I was ready. So I just hid. Hid in the shadows, hoping to disappear, blending in, fade away. I didn't want to be found, and I sure as hell didn’t want, to be discovered. But one man did. He saw me. Saw right through me. He's overbearing, egotistical, and did I mention a total asshole? When I'm with him, I want to scream. Punch him. And then have him rip my clothes off. I gave him one night. He wants more. And so do I. I'm his. Grayson Mandrake owns me. Grayson I take, because I can. I claim, because I can. She was mine the moment I saw her, and I will destroy her soul to keep her. Have her. Own her. I'm ruthless, and relentless. A total asshole. And I will do anything for her. Emmalin Ross is mine. This is PART ONE of the Incapable series. Warning: This series has a foul-mouthed male, dirty talk, and strong sexual content. Intended for mature audiences 18+ only."

***Spoilers to follow***

Whew. It was HOT! I would have given it a 5 out of 5, but I believe Marie Skye has potential with her writing. It was super sexual, but I just needed more substance. Maybe Riley Jean spoiled me a bit with that almost 6 day read...I just don't like that I had to read so much to learn that the main character had green eyes. And all of a sudden they're this beautiful thing to the other main character. I know, such a minute detail, but if I am going to fall in love with a character, I want to know more about them than the movement of a piece of hair behind her ear. I get it. It's a sweet gesture, but what else?

So...the green eyed girl is Emmalin. She's got everything going against her. She's working two jobs and barely making ends meet. She's obviously incredibly smart because she does freelance work in accounting. But she has demons (don't we all?). But her demon came in the form of her stepfather who we put the pieces together eventually that he is raping her. We learn that she has so much tragedy in her life that she has a fear of all things that involve love and being restrained. 

In comes Grayson Mandrake...beautiful blue eyes (we learn this from the start), rich (really really rich), handsome, a playboy...Are you getting the Christian Gray feel? Yeah, me too. But I digress. He has his demons too. Tragedy struck at a young age for him also...So, why are these two good for one another? Because they bring out the best in one another. Everyone else sees it, but Emmalin has a hard time accepting it. Did I mention he was into bondage?

There were other mention-able characters: Tyler- Emmalin's best friend. Chace- Grayson's best friend. I am hopeful to learn a bit more about the both of them. But I have to take a pause on these books because of other books that I have to read. But I promise you, I will be back for more of this sexy, saucy, raunchy book.

To have your book reviewed by Dot: Send all request to dotsdeets@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment