Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher

Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Recommendation : yes, but have your anxiety pills handy
Buy Here
Series: as of right now, since it was released in December 2016, it is standalone. But there's possibilities.
Genre: I don't know...mindf*ck? Psychological Thriller? Nut-job?

Before we get started, here's a blurb from Goodreads in case you wish to not read my review because...spoilers:


"When Fig Coxbury buys a house on West Barrett Street, it's not because she likes the neighborhood, or even because she likes the house. It's because everything she desires is next door: The husband, the child, and the life that belongs to someone else."



***SPOILERS BELOW***


Well, well, well...Tarryn, you slayed me with this one. And I am not sure in a good way. The entire first part of the book I was on edge with anxiety. Is she going to kidnap this kid? The book cover shows someone falling on train tracks!! Is she going to jump? Is she going to push Jolene? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? This trick is crazy. And that husband, ooh boy. I could not put this one down.

I do have a few questions as to George. I am guessing Fig left George out because of her craziness, but to find out he was there all along was pure genius. I really can't believe that someone would be so crazy. This story is so crazy it makes you feel like it is so real. Honestly, I felt like all three of the main characters were a few french fries short of a happy meal. But let me get back on track.

Thank you Tarryn Fisher for Jolene. Jolene is very strong willed, but compassionate to our crazy friend Fig (more on her later). She is who Fig labels as "Bad Mommy", but once we read more of the story, we learn that she is actually a great mom. A super mom. She has a bit of a drinking problem (and I use that term loosely because who doesn't like a glass of wine to cool their jets after a long day of mom-ing?) and immerses herself in other's issues and her writing. Some would see this as a character flaw, just like her husband pointed out time and time again.

Speaking of her husband. Ugh. What a douche. What was his name? Darius. Right. Darius? Ugh. User. Womanizer. Cheater. Whore. Nasty. Shall I go on? On the outside looking in he is a great father, husband, friend. But when you take a gander at this piece of work..he's ugh.

Fig, Fig, Fig.

Boy oh boy. Single White Female to the max. B*tch is crazy. I can't really even say more than that. She wants everything that Jolene has and then some. You can't help but feel bad for her.

Read it. Seriously.

Next up: The Gender Game by Bella Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment