Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Love Letter to Whiskey By Kandi Steiner....and a few other things

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Whew! I haven't posted a book review since August of last year. Well, life and new babies can prevent a girl from curling up with a good book and enjoying the finer things in life. But I'm back and better than ever. I just launched my new Facebook page and I could not be happier! I am also working on my own little project that is coming along very well. I think I may be a little overzealous, but I have set my Goodreads  (click link to add me!) 2017 to 400 books!

Okay, so down to the good stuff. I have been trying to figure out a way to review books without giving away too much stuff and there really isn't much of a way to do this. So, I will post my rating, recommendation, the published book synopsis and then my spoiler alert warning if you do not want to read any more than that. If you do end up reading, please share your thoughts here or on the Facebook post!

Now that all of that is out of the way. I stumbled upon Kandi Steiner through a Facebook post she tagged Colleen Hoover in (and we know how much I am obsessed with Colleen). So, here I go clicking away being all stalkerish and adding her on my friend's list because she's a writer. I search through her books and this one has me pretty intrigued. So...here goes:

Rating: 5 out of 5
Recommend: YES! I could not put it down. I was being so mean to my fiance (sorry babe) when he was trying to talk to me about his game. Whoops. But that's what a good book will do to ya.

Book Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:

It’s crazy how fast the buzz comes back after you’ve been sober for so long. 

Whiskey stood there, on my doorstep, just like he had one year before. Except this time, there was no rain, no anger, no wedding invitation — it was just us. 

It was just him — the old friend, the easy smile, the twisted solace wrapped in a glittering bottle. 

It was just me — the alcoholic, pretending like I didn’t want to taste him, realizing too quickly that months of being clean didn’t make me crave him any less. 

But we can’t start here. 

No, to tell this story right, we need to go back. 

Back to the beginning. 

Back to the very first drop. 

This is my love letter to Whiskey. I only hope he reads it.


~~~~SPOILERS AHEAD~~~~

So, where to begin? I'm just going to start with my thoughts on it.

I loved this love story. I hated the main character, Brecks or B (she didn't want to be called by her full name because of how she was conceived) throughout most of the journey through the book. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it was because she came off as a brat to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. But this is a the love story of: boy meets girl, boy ignores girl for cute best friend, boy realizes he's dumb, wants original girl, can't have her, gets her, loses her, she wants him...its a long vicious cycle right up until the end of the book. But it is so perfectly written, I could not put it down. Book boyfriend status for Whiskey aka Jamie: achieved. Oh, okay, here's why I hated her: SHE COULD HAVE HAD THE BOY FROM THE JUMP, BUT WAS BEING SUPER STUPID. But I mean, if she got the boy then there would be no story right?

This book is a massive tangle of webs of love, mistrust, hurt, pain, joy and everything you could want in a book and I highly recommend reading it. Don't take my word for it, just read it!

If you have Kindle Unlimited, it is currently free to read or for purchase here.

Up Next: Pending my mommy book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment