Friday, July 8, 2016

Into the The Tomorrows By Whitney Barbetti

Rating: 5 out 5
Recommend: heck yes (but warning...this is book one of a series and the next book has not been released yet).

Let me start off by saying that I know it has been over a month since my last review and I skipped 2 books. I can't do it. I couldn't read them. They were....ugh. Also, I was pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on June 29th. And while I am on the topic, I posted in Colleen Hoover's fb fan group about needing support and positive vibes and a fellow Cohort sent me this book. I am forever thankful.

So...where to begin?

Trista. Trista was born to a mother who didn't care much about her. She didn't care much about anyone except for herself. Leaving Trista to be alone in this big world. Until she met her best friend, Ellie (have tissues ready when you read this) and soon after her boyfriend, Collin. But for years Trista identified as Ellie's friend or Collin's girlfriend. She didn't know what it meant to be Trista. And how many of us can relate to this?

This is part of the reason why I gave this book a 5. It was super relateable. I found myself thinking, "wow, I feel like I'm dating a Colin."

Colin. He is so disconnected from Trista and holding on to a promise he made to Ellie. He's a selfish prick. But I will let you formulate your own opinions.

But then...Trista meets Jude. Tattooed. Nature smelling. Hotness of a man Jude. Yes. He's my book boyfriend this time around. Yes...yes...I have book boyfriends. Don't judge me. But Jude turns Trista's world upside down. Or maybe right side up.

"We seek out the people we need, but that doesn’t mean they need us too."

This book gives perspective and things to think about when it comes to relationships with others and self.

Read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment