Thursday, May 19, 2016

Me Before You By Jojo Moyes

Image result for Me before you

Rating: 4 out of 5
Recommend read? Yes

I picked up this book because the movie preview intrigued me. I do not know why I do this to myself. Books to movies are NEVER ever the same. After reading, I watched a few more previews and *sigh*, I found several things that were not true to the book. But, oh well, I will be going to see it once it releases on June 3rd.

It took me about a day and a half to read this. I could not put it down because it kept me wanting to know more. I fell in love with Will Traynor. Was it empathy or sympathy? I'm not too sure. But I was pulling for him the entire time. Maybe it was my connection to the disabled. My mom was restricted to a wheelchair when I was younger, so reading about this character who found himself in one, touched a place in my heart.

Will was full of life. He went on many adventures that included traveling, skydiving, and anything that I probably would never have the balls to do! Until one day, he was involved in a motorcycle accident. Life changed for him. He was at the end of his ropes. After an incident, his mother decided that she would hire a caretaker for him in addition to his nurse. Cue Louisa Clark. She had just lost her job at a local cafe and needed to find something quick to help her family pay bills. After a few bad experiences at jobs she was placed at, she went to interview for the caretaker position. This is the story of the six months they had with one another.

It is hard to give a summary without giving too much away. I loved the story, but I hated the ending, which is why I gave it a 4 out of 5 rating. I would recommend this book. Honestly, go read it now. Drop what you're doing and fall in love with these two. This book made me smile, laugh and cry. Even though I can tell the movie has been altered a bit from the book's story line, I would say go see that too. 

Next Blog/Currently Reading:
Image result for too late colleen hoover

You can read this one too on the Wattpad App for free HERE.

*Please be patient with me while I figure out the structure of my blog and how I want it to flow. I'm trying here. Thank you for reading and don't forget to click follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment